Implement a Membership Building Program
Conduct a Membership Drive
- Hold a membership-building contest. Participate in Toastmasters’ annual contests outlined on the Membership-Building Contests page or create a contest of your own.
- One of the easiest ways to build membership is by hosting an Open House Meeting.
- Conduct Speechcraft. This short, seminar-style program is a great way to attract new members. Potential members learn basic speaking and evaluating skills.
- 25 ideas for company clubs and 25 ideas for community clubs: Growth and Retention
Recruit Members from All Available Resources
- Hand out promotional materials at community organizations.
- Give short talks about Toastmasters at company seminars on related subjects.
Publicize Your Club
- Distribute fliers with your club information to local businesses, and display posters in strategic locations.
- Send news releases announcing your club’s time and meeting location to local newspapers. For more ideas, go to the Club Management Publicity page.